Phase Eight takes your privacy very seriously. We do not use the information you provide to us to learn any more about you other than what is required to meet your orders, to provide you with a better shopping experience, or as other wise detailed in this condition. Any contact details gathered through press or customer enquiries will not be used for marketing purposes unless otherwise requested by the individual.For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Phase Eight Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- data which you provide when you create an online account in order to purchase products
- data which you provide when requesting any marketing information or when you enter promotions
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
How we store your data:
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK data protection legislation from time to time in place
How we use our data:
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
- If you are an existing customer we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer we will contact you by email only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or on the form used to create your online account.
Changes to an European Union directive mean that we are required to ask your permission before storing non-essential cookies on your computer.
A cookie is a small file that's stored on your computer by a website to remember certain information. Cookies can be used for many purposes, and some are essential to the way the website works. Cookies aren't evil.
Some cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser. These are called 'session cookies'. Others stay on your computer for longer, until they expire after a fixed time. These are called 'persistent cookies', and can be used to store information between your browsing sessions, such as your preferred settings on a website, or the items that you added to your basket on your last visit.
Cookies that are strictly necessary to carry out actions which you've asked the site to do, such as adding items to your basket and checking out, are excluded from the new law. Without these cookies, the checkout process won't work and you won't be able to buy anything. We can use these cookies without explicitly asking your permission. These cookies are session cookies, and are removed when you leave the site and close your browser.
- To remember your language and country preferences on the site.
- To remember what you put in your basket on your last visit, so that we can keep your basket contents for you if you didn't already buy them.
- To track customer behaviour such as the pages visited on your way through the site, and the rate of basket abandonment. This helps us to improve the site and your browsing experience. This tracking information isn't linked to any of your personal details and doesn't let us identify you as an individual.